Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy 20zen!!!!


Before I go into this blog....as I'm watching CNN.....I want to send prayers to the people of Haiti, their family and friends. My heart goes out to them and I will give whatever I'm able to the Red Cross to assist in the recovery. Earthquakes Suck!

Hi. Happy New Year! Happy 20ZEN. Get it? instead of 2010...It's 20ZEN. The year of letting go. But not taking your eye off the ball. No Fear. All Love. Fierce Love.

I have been in slow motion since the holidays ended. That weird malaise that happens when the family leaves, the excuse to eat sugar cookies are over and spending hours in the kitchen (happily) cooking for twenty are no longer, has happened to me. I would like to say my holidays were restful, but that would be a lie. They were happily full and I loved every minute of it. We threw two Christmas parties, made cookies for our police officers, made cookies for Santa to give to all the kids in the neighborhood, had a book club gathering, sang carols, and then my family came in from Texas with their three dogs, and my in laws. It was chaotic and amazing. I love making meals, pouring drinks and wrapping gifts, but when it's done, I crash. And so crash I have. Don't get me wrong, I've been calling people, emailing folks, started a writing group, am working out again, but my brain has been in data collection mode rather than output mode. AND drum roll, please We FINISHED THE ADOPTION PAPERS.

And the Crowd roars.

Just came back from an evening with Marianne Williamson. She is speaking in Los Angeles every Tuesday in 2010. She is a masterful inspiration. I am eager to get this year going but refuse to do it with my eyes closed.

Note to Self: May we all keep our eyes open, but not be paralyzed by what we see.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Andrea! Congratulations on finishing your papers!! If I knew how to play the drums, I would do the drum roll for you in person!!

    I'm so glad you had a great holiday season. What you described is the best kind of holiday. I love baking for others and having a lot of people around and being busy like that. I got to work through the holidays, so I didn't get to enjoy anything, but it gives me joy to see others enjoying themselves, even if I don't get to.

    We did not exchange gifts this year so I didn't even have the hustle and bustle of the stores, so instead I gave a little extra to my favorite foundation, JHF, because the holidays are, to me, about giving anyway!

    And even tho it's a new year, a new decade, I'm having a hard time getting motivated. I am working on some things. I want to do some travelling nursing, (to NY). I really need a change. I've been doing a lot of paperwork (you know how that is)! But it is such a slow process!! Anyway, I won't bore you with the details; I'm off to work, again....seems that all I do these days....

    Thanks again for your blog. I find myself looking for it; looking forward to see what you have to say. I remember the first one I found was on Mariska's site about your book "Note to Self." I'm so glad I found it.....and you...have a great day!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. It's strange that most of us are ready to let 2009 go (eagerly even!) and get on with 2010. I know I've written about it in my blog, as well. Here's to a great 20Zen to you.

    ReplyDelete