Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gratitude


I wanted to take this moment to thank you for becoming a follower of this blog and taking a journey with me and this community of women. I am just understanding this blogging world, so if I haven't reached out to you on your blog or email, it's because there are some where I am unable to do that. I am still working on it. If you have any suggestions, please do tell. So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....for listening, reading, writing and for your support and love.

Can you believe that "whatever" is the most hated word in the English language? That came out today in a poll. I love the word whatever. I use it way too much, as a lazy attempt to fill space. Or how about the abbreviated version -- whatevs. That's a cool word too. I have a friend who literally says "whatever" every 15 seconds. If she was asked to stop saying it, I believe she would make no sense and develop a nervous tick, actually she has a couple of those, which might be why she fills space with words like whatever, like, come on, i'm just sayin'. It's a great reminder for all of us that there are bazillions of words out there that we had to learn to get into a college, and to use more of them. As a rule of thumb, less is more, unless the less is creating a language that is annoying the shit out of the population at large.

On a fertility note, I went into the Doctors for a follow up visit yesterday. Needless to say, I was kind of a wreck. The loving and very worried nurse offered a chocolate sprinkles cupcake to me as a sweet, buttery salve. As I sat in the Docs well lit office looking across his desk at his new, young and very pregnant intern, I wept and I ate. And all I could think was, I should have brought cupcakes. I bet the person who brought in cupcakes is pregnant, LIKE THIS INTERN!!! My doc asked me if I needed anything to help calm me down this next cycle. I wasn't sure what he was getting at, but after quizzical looks and a very uncomfortable conversation, that went something like, "I always said I would NEVER go on anti-depressants", he wrote me a prescription for the big P. Prozac. You heard me. I don't know if I'm going to take it. I have a weird feeling that I might like it too much. Whatever.

Note to Self: Never say never and use "whatever" only when necessary.

photo: Wiley in the grass taken by Leelee Groome

2 comments:

  1. Dear Andrea,

    I think I've told you before I don't know what you're going thru as far as your fertility, except for the fact that I never had the opportunity to have a child. As a nurse, I can definitely relate in some ways. And I can relate to the antidepressants. I went thru a lot of depression and then when my mom passed away from cancer I could not pull myself out of it. After a couple of yrs, I had to do something so I went on zoloft. I stayed on it for 1 &1/2 yrs and got weaned off of it when I felt much better. I am in no advocating it for you or telling you what to do. I just wanted to share that with you in case you thot you might have to be on the med forever. This is just my story tho.

    I think of you often and even tho we've never met, I hope you're prayers are answered one day!! And who knows...maybe one day, we will get to meet in person!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Andrea,
    I stumbled onto your blog, while looking for information about this book of yours that I have been hearing so much about. After reading some of your posts, I am ever so anxious to read the book.
    As for your last post... take heart my sister. I can't imagine how painful this process must be for you. I am sure it seems like everywhere you look there are pregnant women and babies just taunting you. I know it's hard to stay sane when everyone around you has what you so desperately want. Their joy is your pain. Don't feel bad about that or for envying these women around you... it's only natural. Just hold your head high and don't lose the joy that is so evident in your postings. That joy is the only thing that helps us survive the hard times. Embrace the ones around you and soak in their love... the healing will come.

    Jessica
    jezabel_6991@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete