Wednesday, August 12, 2009

From my husband, Jason


To all of you over the last few months, days, moments, seconds who have helped to support Andrea and I through Newman's passing.

We are so grateful for our community of family and friends who have been so gracious and kind with thoughts, words, prayers, and care.

Newman defined an era for Andrea and me, 16 years ago I moved to Los Angeles, and immediately met Andrea and a month or so in to the casual dating came Newman, who brought us together, sustained us, filled us with laughter and joy and fun! With our community up in Laurel Canyon, we prospered there for many wonderful years. Newman was central to my love affair with L.A. and my fantastic gift of life with Andrea.

When we moved off the hill from Laurel Canyon to our new home in West Adams, things were not quite the same, the neighborhood dogs were different. The walks were different. The house was big, the floors were slippery. But Newman soon became known through the new urbran hood on his sun-downer walks.

This photo was taken 2 years ago, (after we got settled) it simply brings me peace and comfort, knowing that Newman was ready for anything. Even death. Here in this photo, he looks like he settled into his new home with us, made sure we were okay and was ready for whatever was down the road.


What's next?

May he join the collective that returns us all to great things, butterflies, sunsets, cloud-patterns in the dusk painted sky...wild flowers, cool water, sand. He is with the wind.

And return to touch my heart again in this life or the next.

Thank you my community for holding me up!

Love,
jb

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Newman, I've never met you or Andrea (yet) but through all your posts, you have touched my heart!!! Thank you!!!! God Bless you!! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete